Wednesday, August 12, 2009

la dolce video.

my friends aimee & merrick just opened their own video store, la dolce video, in arcata, california. the collection comes from the now defunct video experience, which owner tom hildebrandt spent nearly 20 years compiling. the collection is in good hands with it's new owners, as aimee & merrick continue the legacy of supplying the area with unique films that you won't find anywhere else, including on netflix. for new releases, films & television series from around the world, imported candies, or a copy of "the sinful dwarf", visit la dolce video @ 1540 G. St. in arcata. (707).822.PG13

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me you will have the same type of organization as VX! I loved how it was organized by genre, actor/actress, director, country... mmmmm, interestingly organized video stores....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes noey. the organization will remain fairly similar to vx. we are tweaking it a bit, getting rid of some actor sections, adding others. but if you're familiar with vx then you will have no trouble finding your way around ldv...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky to live in Arcata. I was just there (after a swing thru Joshua Tree/Death Valley) checking it out because I think I want to relocate there. There was a huge farmers market and festival going on in the town square, and lots of cool yardsales. I've lived in Minneapolis for for a while but my marriage fell apart and I'm sick of the rat race and will be moving there next year when I have enough money saved.

    I love Bolinas and Joshua Tree as well, but not much for jobs there and Arcata has the kind of cosmic vibes that I can really dig. I'm totally ready to trade the high-stress life for something beautiful up in Humboldt County.

    ReplyDelete